There's No Action!

Monday, June 19, 2006

Hi everyone,

I've been reading a lot of Paul Graham recently and I've become very interested in learning Lisp as a result. Having the ability to program at a higher level of abstraction sounds very helpful, but my concern here is in the "glue" that must be used to make Lisp work with other technologies. I have order a book on the topic from Amazon so I am sure all questions will be answered in dead-tree format shortly.

Being somewhat new to the blogosphere, I'm a still a little mystified by the power of the top handful of bloggers in a particular space. Take Mr. Graham, for instance. There is likely a significant number of younger programmers who would only see Lisp as a relic language if not for his advocacy. If it is the tool that he claims it is I will be very grateful.

I am curious to learn more about what it takes to break into the elite blogger fraternity. My suspicion is that it will take a mixture of writing/storytelling talent (thank you, Mr. Spolsky) and a degree of success in the brick and mortar world. This latter part will help both the quantity and quality of those stories, since narratives read better than thought exercises and everyone loves a happy ending.

Enough talking, time to get started. ;)

Til next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home